Why you’re here
And how you help drive our strategy
At Convergence, success is hardwired. It's part of the fabric of our business. It's who we all are. You’re here because you’ve got what it takes to design and deliver client network solutions, professional services and network infrastructure development projects. A technical leader for engineering teams, you’ll be a mentor and a source of expert knowledge.
Why this is a switched on opportunity
What makes this role really stand out
The business: a young and dynamic service provider, with its own network and lab. The challenge: to design and develop network infrastructure, acting as our resident expert. As a Network Architect, you’ll tackle business and technical challenges while working with teams across our organisation. What’s more, you can specialise in a focus area, but also gain exposure to a wide range of exciting technologies.
Where you'll have an impact
The role your department plays in our business
Our Engineering team is the heartbeat of the business, ensuring our systems perform.
A day in the life
What a normal day at work looks like for you
As a Network Architect, day to day, you’ll:
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework.
- Design Deploy and document corporate and customer infrastructure solutions.
- Perform network modelling, analysis, and planning.
- Develop technology roadmaps.
- Configure network drivers for software.
- Develop and promote network programmability, automation and systems integration across infrastructure.
- Define technical deliverables and develop implementation plans for various projects as technical lead.
- Manage technology vendors.
- Stay abreast of how technology changes are impacting and driving competitors.
- Inform and determine production direction.
- Write functional requirements/specifications documents and Lowlevel Designs.
- Attend customer meetings as a postsale delivery expert and support pre-sales on valuable opportunities
- Develop policies, processes, procedures, and protocols for network infrastructure management.
- Chair approval boards for bespoke solutions outside of standard design practice in your area of expertise.
- Work with appropriate teams to deliver internal projects and minimise customer impact.
- Take escalation from 3rd line operations team regarding corporate and customer Infrastructure.
As a Wireless Specialist, day to day, you’ll:
- Perform PoC testing and acceptance of new WAN & Internet design standards or new technologies from vendors.
- Work directly on customer sites with customers on large Wireless Projects as required.
- Mentor, develop and deliver training for colleagues and other technical teams on WAN Technologies and Solutions.
What you bring to the job
Your background will demonstrate:
- 5 years’ experience in a network environment, designing, implementing or supporting complex networks utilising indoor and outdoor WiFi solutions.
Please note that Baseline Personnel Security Vetting Standard (BPSS) and Security Clearance (SC) is required for this role.
About your education and qualifications
You’ll really need to know your stuff, which means you’ll need:
- At least a CCIE Wireless qualification or demonstrate equivalent Experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have a CCDE or equivalent experience and design certification.
Your regulatory knowledge
Anything specific you need to know
- Experience of working as part of a team and as a technical authority, dealing directly with partners, internal stakeholders and end customers.
The personal qualities you need to fit the way we work
Doing things the Convergence way takes:
- Enthusiasm, energy and selfmotivation
- The drive to deliver great service while maintaining a flexible approach
- Good organisation and the ability to prioritise
- Great communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- A commitment to being part of a team but also the independence to work alone
- The willingness to listen and learn from others
- Attention to detail and the ability to explain technical information
- Excellent analytical skills
- Honesty – we’re a straighttalking business!
- Commitment to us and the job
- Enough resilience to keep pace in our challenging and fastmoving environment
- The confidence to contribute, advise and challenge the status quo
- The ability to influence your peers and make a positive impact
- A results focused approach
- The ability to work effectively under pressure to tight deadlines.
About the role
- 37.5 hours per week
- Place of work: Solihull Office (Flexible working available upon request)
- Competitive Salary
- Substantial Bi-Annual Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance (includes medical, mental health, optical & dental)
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Holidays with option to buy or sell
- Pension scheme
- Reward & recognition incentives
- Cycle to Work Scheme