Why you’re here
And how you help drive our strategy
At Convergence, success is hardwired. It's part of the fabric of our business. It's who we all are. You’re here because you’ve got what it takes to manage our revenue recognition process and make sure we record, report and forecast all revenue accurately and correctly.
Why this is a switched on opportunity
What makes this role really stand out
In this role, you’ll focus on improving our finance systems, and the way we do things across our entrepreneurial led, success driven business. It’s about working with acquisitions, managing business change and shaping your own role in an environment without red tape or bureaucracy, and where new ideas and innovation are our currency.
We need you to help implement a new Business Intelligence / data cube system to take data from multiple systems and produce high quality, insightful analysis which will push a data driven decision process across the organization.
Where you'll have an impact
The role your department plays in our business
You’ll join our Finance Team, where the focus is on making sure our daily financial decisions on everything from payments to payroll, reporting and financial controls are fully aligned with our longer-term strategic objectives.
A day in the life
What a normal day at work looks like for you
What a normal day at work looks like for you
Day to day, you’ll be accountable for:
- Be responsible for the ‘end to end’ budget process covering the P&L, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Put in place a clear budget process and timetable, ensuring that responsibilities are fully understood across the business.
- Manage the budget process and ensure that the key assumptions are robust and signedoff by the leadership team.
Financial forecasting, you’ll:
- Establish a robust rolling 12month financial forecast process (updated monthly).
- Work closely with the CFO and CEO to ensure that the key assumptions underpinning the forecast are robust (e.g. new contract wins, renewal rates, margins, cost reduction plans).
Performance Analysis, you’ll:
- Ensure key monthly variances (vs budget and last year) are fully understood.
- Highlight key issues and ensure and that the appropriate actions are being taken.
- Monitor weekly activity reports and highlight key issues to the leadership team.
- Work with nonfinance business partners to enable them to understand the financial impacts of their actions and how to positively affect change.
Management information, you’ll:
- Design, implement and manage a BI system to collate and communicate key messages and actionable advice.
- Produce and police a relevant, business wide MI suite to drive performance throughout the business.
Additional duties include:
- Providing ad hoc financial analyses and support to the CFO and CEO as required.
- Providing financial support to budget holders (e.g. budget preparation, variance analysis, financial coaching, induction for new joiners).
What you bring to the job
Your background will demonstrate:
- At least 3 years’ experience of budgeting, financial analysis and business partnering in fast moving businesses.
- All round accountancy experience, preferably from a technology business.
- Good stakeholder management skills and the ability to influence people inside and outside of finance.
- Advanced system skills, including Microsoft Office, with expert level Excel skills.
- Demonstrable experience of design, implementation and management of BI / data cube system.
- Strong People Management skills
About your education and qualifications
You’ll really need to know your stuff, which means you’ll be a qualified accountant (ACCA / CIMA / ACA).
Your regulatory knowledge
Anything specific you need to know
This is a specialist role, so you’ll need a good working knowledge of current UK accounting standards.
Your business skills
The skills and knowledge you need to make an impact on a business level
We’re focused on delivering our strategy, so it’s important that you have plenty of experience of current BI / data cube systems and the art of the possible. Also experience of working with various finance systems.
You’ll also need:
- The skill to step back from large datasets and draw out conclusions and recommendations and then to present them as proposed actions to nonfinance colleagues.
- An analytical approach with excellent attention to detail and an ability to establish robust processes.
- The flexibility to take on a wide variety of adhoc tasks.
- To be well organised with the ability to establish robust processes
- Excellent attention to detail
- A flexible approach to work with the ability to take on a variety of tasks and manage competing timescales/deadlines effectively
- An ability to think outside of the box and to identify process improvements at both manual and systemised level.
About the role
- 37.5 hours
- Place of Work: Solihull Office
- Competitive Salary
- Substantial Bi-Annual Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance (includes medical, mental health, optical & dental)
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Holidays with option to buy or sell
- Pension scheme
- Reward & recognition incentives
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Progression opportunities